From time to time churches and associations let us know about events they are hosting with the request that we help publicize the opportunity. Lone Oak First Baptist Church is hosting a conference on Saturday, Januuary 5, 2013 that is focused on personal wholess. In a letter explaining the reason for this conference, Traci Lawrence writes:
The Church is the body of Christ, and the Church (that’s us) is called to be the salt and light to a lost world. Unfortunately today many churches, like our bodies, are not in very good shape. Some parts of the body of Christ are not very healthy, peaceful, loving or productive.
As believers we have a high calling of going into the world preaching and teaching the gospel. We are to stand up for the weak, defend the helpless and feed the hungry. The body of Christ can’t effectively do this is the body is sick, poor, weak, broken, depressed and frightened. “It starts here” Conference is being offered to equip the saints for the building up of the body of Christ. Eph. 4:12….So that we can more effectively reach the world for Christ.
Featured speakers include:
– Dr. Evelyn Jones, Owner & operator of Wellsprings Institute
– Dr. Dan Summerlin, Senior Pastor of Lone Oak First Baptist
– Jeremy White, CPA and 6 time publisher
– Stacy Thomas, Mid-Continent Instructor & Chamber of Commerce Leadership
– Traci Lawrence, Life Coach & Founds of The Lighthouse – A Healing Place
– Eric Grogan, FCA Area Representative and 7-time Iron Man Triathalon finisher
Tickets are $10 and include lunch. For more information: http://www.loneoakfbc.org/wholeness.html
All proceeds from this event will go to help victims of human trafficking.